Members and Editors of The Global Outpost Website
Information for individuals who are or were employees, interns or individual contractors as well as dependents of Shell employees.
- What does this Privacy Notice cover?This Privacy Notice provides information about personal data processed by the Global Outpost Network in relation to individuals who register as a member (Members) of the Global Outpost Website (Website). Membership of the Website is restricted to Shell employees, interns or individual contractors as well as dependents of Shell employees. This Privacy Notice is subject at all times to applicable local law. This Privacy Notice explains what personal data is processed, for which purposes, how long we hold the personal data for, how to access and update your personal data and where to go for further information.
- What personal data do we process?We process personal data necessary to manage access to the Website, provide information updates to members who request this and to share some contact details of members who consent to share their social media data. This includes personal name and email information and social media accounts (optional). It includes any other information necessary for managing access to the Website such as acknowledgement by the employee of their recognised partner for registration purposes.
- Who is responsible for any personal data collected?Global Outpost Services.
- Who will we share the personal data with?Your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes referred to above (or for a secondary purpose where it is closely related, for example such as storing it) and will only be shared on a strict need to know basis with: Other companies within the Shell group of companies, including to those which may be located outside of your location and the Economic European Area (“EEA”); Authorized third party agents, service providers and/or subcontractors of Shell; and a competent public authority, government, regulatory or fiscal agency where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which the relevant Shell company/companies is subject to or as permitted by applicable local law.
- Transfers of personal dataWhere the personal data is transferred to companies within the Shell Group and/or to authorized third party agents service providers and/or subcontractors who may be located in or outside of your location (including outside of the European Economic Area) we take organizational, contractual and legal measures to ensure that the personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and that adequate levels of protection have been implemented in order to safeguard the personal data. These measures include Binding Corporate Rules for transfers among the Shell Group and European Commission approved transfer mechanisms for transfers to third parties in countries which have not been deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection as well as any additional local legal requirements. You can request a copy of these by contacting privacy-office-SI@shell.com
- Security of your personal dataGiven the nature of the Shell Group your personal data and that of your dependents may be transferred to countries outside of your location. Where that happens, we take steps to ensure that your privacy rights and those of your dependents continue to be protected in line with Shell’s Binding Corporate Rules and applicable law. We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will update these measures as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
- How long do you hold the personal data for?Your personal data is retained during your active membership of the Website. If your account is continuously inactive for a period of 6 months you will receive a notification asking you to confirm your continued membership. If you do not actively respond to retain your account, the account and all your personal information will be automatically removed. If you elect to retain your account this process will repeat. You may cancel your membership by de-registering from the site at any time., the option to de-register can be found on your profile page. At this point all your personal information will be deleted.
- How can I access my personal data?You can access your personal data by clicking on your profile, you can correct or delete the personal data, opt in or out Website notifications and edit of cancel the sharing of your social media accounts at any time during your membership
- Changes to this Privacy NoticeThis Privacy Notice may be changed over time. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 1 January 2018.